Optometrist required at Fakeeh University Hospital
Dubai – United Arab Emirates
THE POST HOLDER WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Provide technical support for Ophthalmology services at FUH and ensure optimal clinical care and safety of patients.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalised and caring attitude.
• Participate in public health awareness initiatives and training programs as required.
Responsibilities UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE REFERRING OPHTHALMOLOGIST AND FOLLOWING THOROUGH, COMPREHENSIVE AND HOLISTIC APPROACH HE/SHE CARRIES OUT EYE EXAMINATIONS TO DETERMINE VISUAL ACUITY AND PERCEPTION, FOCUS AND COORDINATION, VISUAL FIELD MAPPING AND ASSESSMENTS TO RULE OUT GLAUCOMA AND COLOR BLINDNESS. PROVIDES PRE- AND POST-OPERATIVE CARE TO PATIENTS UNDERGOING EYE SURGERIES.
ADJUSTS EYE GLASSES, CONTACT LENSES AND OTHER VISUAL AIDS AS REQUIRED. IN ADDITION, EDUCATES PATIENTS ON CONTACT LENS CARE AND VISUAL HYGIENE
ENSURES CONSISTENT, ACCURATE AND DETAILED DOCUMENTATION OF PATIENT ENCOUNTERS AS PER POLICY. REVIEWS WITH THE LEAD OPHTHALMOLOGIST, ADVERSE EVENTS, PROBLEM INCIDENTS AND COMPLAINTS, AND EXPLORES ALL OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF CARE AND PROVIDE RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING RISK MANAGEMENT. PARTICIPATES IN A QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM FOR OPHTHALMOLOGY SERVICES AND MONITORS KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS ASSISTS THE LEAD OPHTHALMOLOGIST IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES AND PROTOCOLS.
Qualifications What it takes to work with us in this position Qualifications
• Batchelor Degree (BSc) Optometry or equivalentExperience
• Minimum 3 years postgraduate experienceKnowledge/Technical Skills:
• BLS provider
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
• Good time-management skills
• Strong customer service ethic
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Microsoft office computer skills
Apply online at: https://fuh.care/careers/